Friday, September 16, 2005

Civilization in less than 1 Day (but not by much)

On Wednesday I played my first game of Advanced Civilization. It'll probably be the last one for a while, however. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the game, because I did. It just lasted for about 13 hours, and I haven't played a game for that length of time since college (last time I played anything for that long, it was Magic: The Gathering). We started the game at 10:30am, and didn't finish until just after midnight, taking an hour break for me to run home and jumpstart Laura's car and grab some lunch. Other than that, we played non-stop all day. 5 gamers, 3 of us Civilization virgins, sitting around trying to make it to the top of the Archaeological Succession Table and trading our goods and suffering from disasters. I played Africa, and by the time we were finished, I came in second place and had control of all of the Italian peninsula and a good bit of the Mediterranean. Not too bad for someone whose first taste of the game was a few introductory hours on Monday at the beach which were abruptly halted by the hurricane evacuation.

Music: Television-See No Evil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the old Civ games - I remember them well. I also remember setting those damned things up and coming back from weekend to weekend to play them, too. :D

-Henry