This is as good a post as any to restart the blog. Let's see how long it lasts this time. Ha. Ha. Ha. Sigh.
To follow on the meme that's going around on blogs like Risus Monkey, Grognardia, Huge Ruined Pile, etc., listed below are the first 15 games that come to mind in 15 minutes.
The rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen games you've played that will always stick with you. List the first 15 you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.
1. D&D (rpg, all editions)
2. Marvel Super Heroes (rpg)
3. Civilization/Advanced Civilization (board game)
4. Call of Cthulhu (rpg)
5. Gammarauders (board game)
6. Car Wars (board/miniatures game)
7. Savage Worlds (rpg/miniatures game)
8. Star Frontiers (rpg)
9. GURPS (rpg)
10. D&D: Pool of Radiance (computer rpg)
11. INFOCOM text computer games (Zork, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Planetfall, etc)
12. Ticket to Ride (board game)
13. Fluxx (card game)
14. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (computer rpg)
15. Stop Thief (board game)
Yes, I'm cheating a little on #11, but I played a bunch of the INFOCOM games all at the same time, switching back and forth as I got stuck in different spots in each one. It's sort of my "text based computer game period", rather than a single one of them. As for the other games, wow, there are some pretty big games that I loved that are missing, and some odd ones that came to mind first-Gammarauders? Yeah, I liked Gammarauders, but didn't play it all that much, although the concept was pretty neat. Others, particularly computer games like Bard's Tale and Kings Quest, didn't come to mind until a while after I completed this list. and I'm sure a few others will come to mind later tonight and I'll wish I had them on the list.